[daip] binary verion in CDROM

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sat Sep 8 17:22:44 EDT 2007

Josephine Chan writes:
 > Hi there,
 >
 >    I need to install AIPS in my LINUX-PC. I would like to install
 > the binary version (30DEC06 is fine for me). In AIPSLet(30DEC06),
 > it mentioned that the binary installation was available from
 > CDROM. Would you please give an instruction how to get the
 > this CDROM?
 >
 >    Thank you very much for your kind attention.
 >    Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
 >
 > Best Regards,
 > Josephine

I can write a CD if you really need it - I have only prepared one in
the last several years and that was for someone isolated in Algeria.
You should have quite adequate Internet connectivity to download the
system with install.pl.  You will want to have aips on your disk in
the end since running it with load modules on CD is slow.  If you
really have poor connectivity I can do the CD - actually the Linux
version is now too large for a CD and so will have to be on a DVD.
Can your system handle that?