[daip] flagver in spflg

Crystal Brogan cbrogan at nrao.edu
Tue Sep 4 15:58:01 EDT 2007

Hi,

Either the documentation is misleading, or there is a bug in the new
flagver/outfgver when using SPFLG.

I am using today's TST in CV.

FLAGVER=1 was created by UVFLG when a short timerange was flagged for all
data

I set FLAGVER=1; OUTFGVER=1 in SPFLG.

SPFLG seemed to go normally until exiting when I get:

Do you wish to enter them in the data?  Y/N
SPFLG1: Begin actually flagging the data
AIPS 1: Resumes
>SPFLG1: Writing flagging information in FG table   1
SPFLG1: ERROR    1 COPYING OLD FLAGS
SPFLG1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
SPFLG1: shadowfax    31DEC07 TST: Cpu=      25.0  Real=      54

Inspection with PRTAB shows that FLAGVER=1 still contains the UVFLG entry
but none of the SPFLG entries as expected by the error message.

Thus it does not appear to be possible to set FLAGVER=OUTFGVER. Based on
the documentation I would have expected the new flags to potentially
overwrite the original flags but not to fail completely.

Setting OUTFGVER=2 instead does result in the expected behavior (FG=1 was
copied and new flags from SPFLG are written).

On a side note, it would be extremely useful if the BOXFILE/OBOXFILE names
from IMAGR were written in the history file.

Best,
Crystal