[daip] [Fwd: Re: Problem with FITLD]

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Oct 30 13:28:49 EDT 2007

Cormac Purcell writes:
 > Hi Eric,
 >

 > > Exactly how recent are (1) the writing of these data with FITAB
 > At NRAO on the machine 'dubhe', without compression, BITPIX=32.
 >

 > (at
 > > NRAO I assume) and (2) the version of aips that you have?
 >
 > It is AIPS 31DEC07, installed on 2007-09-24. I don't make a habit of
 > running a MNJ - should I? I am wary about changing working systems.

But if you take output from here dated October then you may need
updates to match.  This is a serious "gotcha" but it replaces another
one of a similar ilk.  Yes, if you install $TST then you should run
MNJs.  Once a week or even once a month, by hand, is fine.  MNJ does
not mean cron unless you want it to.