[daip] Something seems to have broken in FITLD in the last couple of weeks

Michael Bietenholz mbieten at yorku.ca
Thu Oct 25 14:21:24 EDT 2007

FITLD (31Dec07; MNJ today) fails to load a file that it successfully
loaded a few weeks ago (I think it was a MNJ Oct 3 version that
worked).  The 31DEC06 version can still successfully load it.

The file in question BB241_G1=HPOL4IF8MHZ16CH_1.6005GHZ00 from the
NRAO archive (VLBI; 512 Mbits/s; part 1; the associated "G2","U1" and
"U2" files won't load either).

  FITLD1: Task FITLD  (release of 31DEC07) begins
  FITLD1: Found MULTI    observed on 25-APR-2007
  FITLD1: Create BB241_G1    .FXPOL .   2 (UV)  on disk  9  cno   60
  FITLD1: Warning: table type OB is of zero length
  FITLD1: ZOPEN: FILE
  FITLD1: RUVFIL: ERROR  2 ON OPEN UV FILE TO EXPAND
  FITLD1: ERROR      2 RETURNED FROM FITRXU
  FITLD1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes

There is plenty of disk space on the machine, so that's not the problem,
and I'm not trying to attach to any pre-existing file (DOCONCAT=-1).

                 michael b