[daip] [Mnj] patches to SPLIT, SPLAT, FILLM

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 18 12:59:26 EDT 2007

shoshana rosenthal writes:

 > I tried to run MNJ 31DEC06 on another computer and get the following
 > error. Maybe this gives you more info.
 > ---------------------
 > [aips at RGLINUX7 ~]$ test.rglinux7
 > AIPS_VERSION=/u1/AIPS/31DEC06
 > /u1/AIPS/31DEC06/LINUX/UPDATE
 > AIPSUPD - cd /u1/AIPS/31DEC06/LINUX/UPDATE
 > AIPSUPD - RunTime is 20071017.170159
 > AIPSUPD - LogFile is /u1/AIPS/31DEC06/LINUX/UPDATE/UPD20071017.170159.LOG
 > AIPSUPD - ErrorFile is
 > /u1/AIPS/31DEC06/LINUX/UPDATE/UPD20071017.170159.ERR
 > AIPSUPD - Using CVS for copying files.
 > AIPSUPD - calling UPDCVS
 > cvs update: move away 31DEC06/SUL/SYSTEM/UNIXSERVERS; it is in the way
 > cvs update: move away 31DEC06/SUL/SYSTEM/XASERVERS; it is in the way
 > UPDCVS - cvs update of 31DEC06 had abnormal completion
 > AIPSUPD - UPDCVS failed, Status=1

I do not understand these messages since the rsync that you used to
build these systems correctly copied the named files above and the CVS
files that apply to them.  I have never been able to understand such
messages which just seem to multiply on some - but not most -
installations.  I would recommend in this case if the system is not a
Solaris Ultra rm -rf $TST/SUL and try again.  In Lynn's machine, with
no error messages, there is nothing I can say.