[daip] Flagging in AIPS: applying large numbers of flag commands

Jose Afonso jafonso at oal.ul.pt
Thu Nov 29 10:11:44 EST 2007

Dear daip,

over the time I have found that applying a large number of flag commands
to a uv data file in AIPS can be problematic. In particular, SPFLG and
FLGIT (recent versions) can write large FG tables. However, it seems
that there is no secure way to *apply* these flags to the dataset. As
far as I can tell, only UVCOP can handle more than 5000 flag commands
(up to 50000?). However, I am currently producing FG tables with more
than 90000 entries (as seen by TBOUT these tables). Is it possible to
actually apply such tables in AIPS?

thank you very much,
Jose Afonso

--