[daip] UVPLT for single dish data

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sun Nov 25 18:45:31 EST 2007

Jeff Mangum writes:
 > Hi Eric,
 >
 > Quick question.  Trying to plot single dish uv data with uvplt on an
 > (RA,Dec) grid.  In the past I have done this, but can't recall which
 > bparm or other switches to use.  Attached plot created with
 > bparm=6,7,0.  How do I get (RA,Dec) coordinates?  Thanks!

I suspect that these are ra-dec coordinates and show the location of
your samples - in Millidegrees although the axis labels lie.

If you want to plot the data on an Ra-Dec grip you must run one of the
gridding tasks and then do the image plotting tasks (e.g. KNTR) rather
than UVPLT.  See chapter 10 of the CookBook:

         http://www.aips.nrao.edu/cook.html

Cheers,

Eric