[daip] Aips problem with IFs

Philip Best pnb at roe.ac.uk
Fri Nov 16 05:37:55 EST 2007

Dear Eric,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

> Have you installed AIPS whilst compiling it locally or have you used
> the binary distribution?
> If the former, what compiler and specific compiler version was used?

The installation was locally from source, using g77 and gcc, both
v3.3.5. The installation completed successfully with no errors.

> Of course, do note that 31DEC05 has not changed in a very long time -
> have you had this problem a year already.  31DEC05 has not been
> available to install since January of this year.

This is the first time I've encountered the problem, but also the first
time I've used this particular AIPS installation. I had an old
(personally-installed) version of 31DEC04 on my previous computer, which
was working fine, but when that computer died I started using our system
installation. There are not many other AIPS users here (a few
intermittent users), so the problem may not have been picked up before...

Best wishes,

Philip