[daip] IMAGR question

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Nov 13 10:30:58 EST 2007

Hanno Spreeuw writes:
 > Hello, I have two VLA-B datasets with slightly different pointings. The
 > difference between the two pointings is very small compared to the size
 > of the PB (this is P-band).  Also, both datasets use the same epoch
 > (B1950 coordinates). Does this mean that I can use the same BOXFILE for
 > both datasets?

If the data sets are otherwise similar, DBCON should work if you allow
the phase correction.  Then the issue does not arise.

The BOXFILE for field positions given in absolute RA/Dec is of course
transportable.  Clean boxes are in pixels and field positions in
rashift coordinates are wrt the current pointing.  Their reuse depends
on how different the pointing position is wrt the synthesized beam.

One can always start with a BOXFILE and use the TV to adjust boxes and
write to a new OBOXFILE.