[daip] AIPS Classic to Casapy

Andrew Woods drew.woods at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 08:11:33 EST 2007

Hi,

If you happen to know how to get AIPS Classic data into Casapy I would be
very grateful.

It would be very beneficial to do image processing of correlated data in
Casapy, as the astronomy team I have contact with, has experience using
Casapy. The problem is that I have an RPFITS file format that can only be
loaded into AIPS Classic. Now that I have the RPFITS file loaded in AIPS
Classic, is it possible to export from AIPS into a format that Casapy can
read?

When loading the RPFITS file into AIPS Classic it produces various files in
the /aips/data/ directory. Do you possibly know what file format these are?
In the documentation I couldn't find any information these file formats and
">file data_file" only reports it is a "data" file. If I knew the file
format, it would be a start to getting things into Casapy.

Thanks very much,
Andrew Woods
SKA/KAT
Karoo Array Telescope    http://www.ska.ac.za  <http://www.ska.ac.za/>
(p) +27 (0)21 531 7282 (f) +27 (0)21 531 9761
(m) +27 (0)84 6033210