[daip] PRTHI question

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Nov 9 10:45:31 EST 2007

Kristine Spekkens writes:

 >   I am trying to look at the history table of some datacubes with PRTHI
 > (the cubes have HI extensions). I have two aips installations: 31DEC06 on
 > a linux box, and 31DEC07 on my Intel Mac laptop. Both are updated
 > regularly with mnjs.
 >
 >   When I try to run PRTHI on either platform, I get the message:
 > AIPS 1: ZACTV8: TASK PRTHI  DOES NOT EXIST IN
 > AIPS 1: ZACTV8: VERSION = TST
 >
 >   I don't recall having difficulty with PRTHI before, but it's not a task
 > that I use often. Do you have any insight into the problem? The inputs
 > that I am using are at the end of this message.

PRTHI is an aips verb.  This means that it is a subroutine inside AIPS
itself not a separate program.  You invoke it by saying
    PRTHI
I have made the aips parser smart enough that
    GO PRTHI
is translated into
    TPUT PRTHI; PRTHI
(and all other verbs).  But
    TASK='PRTHI'; GO
will fail with the messages you are seeing.