[daip] sensitivity

Matthew Sharp matthew.k.sharp at gmail.com
Tue May 29 16:45:34 EDT 2007

Dear Eric,

   I'm still working on extracting point sources from VLA mosaics,
having benefited from your help last month.  Using the new noise
options in FLATN, I'm able to compose mosaicked maps, sensitivity
maps, and signal to noise maps.  thanks again for your help with that.

   I could use advice on some new problems in AIPS.  The first is with
"SPLIT".  I'm using the task with the options listed below, and it
seems to be the source of some calibration problems I've been trying
to track down.  If I use the task as listed below, on a single source,
I get a catalog file that looks like the source I want with the proper
calibration applied.  However, if I use SOURCE='', instead, I end up
with several source files.  Choosing the new file that corresponds to
the CMBI17_8 source, the data appear to be uncalibrated.  All other
inputs are the same, and I use default SPLIT before entering my
parameters, to make sure.

    I had assumed that with DOCALIB set to 1, all of the source would
be calibrated, but it seems that it's only calibrating the data if I
split the fields off one by one.  Is this as it should be, or is there
another option that I need?

   thanks

Matthew

task 'split'