[daip] CLCOR, OPCODE 'ANTC'

Leonia Kogan lkogan at nrao.edu
Mon May 14 19:56:24 EDT 2007

Dear Andreas,

Yes your data has the original SU table. I found the problem and sent
the fix to the AIS system. It will be available to you through MNJ tomorrow.

The problem:

You data probably were correlated at EVN (not at Socorro) and this makes
a difference at RA of SU table being determined athe range -180,+180,
while the data correlated at Socorro get the RA at SU table at the range
0,360.
SO CLCOR having met negative RAEPO adds the given correction converts it
to the negative RAAPP and get the correction at RAAPP of the order
360degrees (~1.e+6asec)
So I fixed it adding 360 degrees to the negative RA.

But it is not the whole story.

The Socorro correlator create SU table with DECEPO and RAEPO leaving
blank at RAAPP, DECAPP. FITLD takes care about RAAPP, DECAPP. We tested
the calculation of RAAPP, DECAPP carefully.

The your data correlator (EVN probably) creates both epoch and apparent
collumn for the SU table and as Isee the apparent coordinates have a
difference with FITLD of the order of 200asec.

That is why the new version still shows the difference of ~200asec at
correction of apparent coordinates

SO
1. Use now ANTP now because CLCOR always apply correction to CL table on
the basis of apparent coordinate correction!
2. Investigate calculation of apparent coordinates at your data

LK