[daip] OGEOM

R. Craig Walker cwalker at nrao.edu
Sat May 12 23:24:42 EDT 2007

I want to be able to use GREYS to display contours over grey scale on the
TV (so I can use TVPS and TVCPS to make something for Powerpoint).  To get
anything reasonable, I need to make a new image with a much smaller
cellsize and many more pixels per arcsec.  I am using OGEOM with the scale
factor set to 3.  I am also using BLC and TRC to pick out the part of the
image I want.  Since I used an RASHIFT in the imaging, the window I'm
specifying starts about half way between the center and edge.  Based on
what has happened with various combinations of IMSIZE and scale (APARM(4))
I now think that the image is being scaled to a new image that is not
adequately large, then being windowed.  I get only part of the region I'm
interested in.  I've tried IMSIZE equal to the desired output image size,
to zero, and to something very large (twice the size of the whole input
image).  The only one that kept my whole desired window was the very large
one.  That leaves me with what I want, plus a lot of blanked pixels.  I
then use SUBIM to pick off the desired window.  I don't see anything in
the help file that indicates what I should have done (am I missing
something).  What I'm trying to do is pretty basic and I would think all
you should have to do is specify BLC, TRC, and the scale factor.  Those
are the only pieces of information needed in principle.  A quick check
with LGEOM suggests it is doing the same thing.

Cheers,

Craig

    R. Craig Walker            Array Operations Center
    cwalker at nrao.edu           National Radio Astronomy Observatory
    Phone  505 835 7247        P. O. Box O
    Fax    505 835 7027        Socorro NM 87801   USA