[daip] [HelpDesk #22200] AIPS problem on onager ?

George Martin gmartin at nrao.edu
Thu May 10 12:07:32 EDT 2007

> From helpdesk at aoc.nrao.edu  Wed May  9 14:41:35 2007
>
> >From: Nissim Kanekar <nkanekar at aoc.nrao.edu>
> >To: helpdesk at aoc.nrao.edu
> >Subject: AIPS problem on onager ?
>

> Hi,
>
> I can't seem to run AIPS on onager; it keeps dying with the message below,
> immediately on startup. This doesn't seem to be a problem with my own area
> as Abhirup too gets the same message on onager.
>
> Nissim
>
> ---------------------------------
> Error message :
>
> Starting up 31DEC07 AIPS with normal priority
>   ZMSGER: ON FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;
>   ZMSGER: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 30 (Read-only file system)
> MSGWRT ERROR      6 AT OPEN
> ZDCHI1: ZERROR: ON FILE DA00:SPD000000;
>   ZMSGER: ON FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;
>   ZMSGER: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 30 (Read-only file system)
> MSGWRT ERROR      6 AT OPEN
> ZDCHI1: ZERROR: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 30 (Read-only file system)
>   ZDCHIN: COULD NOT READ PARAMETER FILE
>   ZDCHIN: (USING MINIMUM SYSTEM CONFIGURATION)

I'm passing this on to daip at nrao.edu. In general, all AIPS specific
questions should be tried there.

Onager does not have the standard public setup for AIPS which makes
another reason to ask the experts. It looks like the message file
has the wrong group access for general use.

-rw-rw-r--   1 egreisen aipspgmr      36864 Jan 17 15:06 MSD001000.001;

  George