[daip] Slow TVBOX

Laura g99r1227 at campus.ru.ac.za
Wed May 2 15:18:11 EDT 2007

Good day

I've recently upgraded my computer from Redhat 9 to Fedora Core 6, and
with it I changed from 31DEC05 to 31DEC06 AIPS. Since I've been using
the new AIPS my tv cursor when I run TVBOX has been extremely slow and
I've been trying to figure out what the problem is. I noticed in the old
daip mailing list archives, a thread entitled:
[daip] Extremely slow TV based tasks
<http://listmgr.cv.nrao.edu/pipermail/daip/2004-November/007190.html>
which seems to describe my problem - even the fact that TVBOX works fine
maybe the first time I run it, but is terrible after that.

Unfortunately I couldn't find the eventual resolution to that thread!
How did you fix the problem there?

Thank you for you help.

Regards,
Laura