[daip] AIPS error: ZABORS: signal 11 received

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed May 2 10:50:58 EDT 2007

Modhurita Mitra writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > When I run VPLOT or POSSM I get the following error:
 >
 > >go
 > >VPLOT1: Task VPLOT  (release of 31DEC07) begins
 > >VPLOT1: ZABORS: signal 11 received
 > >VPLOT1: ABORT!
 > >AIPS 1: Resumes
 >
 > Is this a software error or is my data corrupted in some way? While loading
 > the data with FITLD I got the following (possible) errors:

    In general these would come from corrupted data although it is
always possible that there are software errors also.  Are you applying
calibration?  If so, try without the calibration.  Try a simpler
program like UVPRT - tasks like VPLOT must read all the data to set
plot scales and then re-read to do the plot.  UVPRT will print
directly so you  should have some success ahead of a failure.

 > 1    6   01-MAY-2007  20:11:12     FITLD     CTINI: 'TIME INT' COLUMN NOT
 > FOUND
 >
 > and
 >
 >   1    6   01-MAY-2007  20:12:37     FITLD     TAPIO: RECORD LENGTH    128
 > INCONSISTENT WITH BLOCK SIZE  2880
 >   1    6   01-MAY-2007  20:12:37     FITLD     GET3DT: PREMATURE END OF FILE
 > WHILE READING FITS DATA
 >
 > Are these messages significant?

The first message is probably not serious, the second is usually fatal
to the point that the output file is deleted.  Did you ftp the data
file without declaring binary or did the ftp/scp/? fail to complete
properly?