[daip] aips question

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Mar 26 11:27:40 EDT 2007

Fabian Walter writes:
 > I am facing a strange problem with AIPS and was hoping that you could
 > help. I have been running AIPS on my machine for some 2 years now, without
 > any problems. I can view all files on disk and can look at images/movies
 > (tvall/tvmov) no problem. But whenever I run a task that wants to write on
 > the disk I now get the following:
 >
 > AIPS 1: ZFIO: OPER = WRIT LUN = 13 NREC =        2
 > AIPS 1: ZERROR: IN ZFI2   ERRNO = 1 (Operation not permitted)
 > AIPS 1: DISK PROBLEM
 >
 > I contacted our system administrator who has carefully checked the
 > permissions but he couldn't find any inconsistencies. Do you have any idea
 > what could be wrong? Any help would be much appreciated.

My suspicion is that the TD file has become damaged - it is the one
that should be using LUN 13.  Go to

cd $AIPS_ROOT
. LOGIN.CSH           (for csh   or . LOGIN.SH  for bash)
$CDTST
cd DA00/<hostname>
ls -laF TD*

It should be over 64000 bytes and have all sorts of permissions.  In
any case, delete it.

RUN FILAIP
4 2

and ignore all the error messages (files already exist).  This should
make and init a new TD file.