[daip] problem running BLCAL

Claire Chandler cchandle at nrao.edu
Thu Mar 15 15:35:24 EDT 2007

Hi Eric,

I'm trying to run BLCAL to compute closure corrections for the VLA-EVLA
baselines.  When I specify the calibrator source name, with SMODEL
defining the flux of the source, I get an error that it can't find the
source flux (I did not bother to set it using SETJY).  So, I set it in
SETJY and tried again, and this time BLCAL complained that it could not
find the flux of my target source, even though this source was not
specified in the inputs.  But why is BLCAL even trying to divide my target
source by a flux?  It should not be using it at all.  We are telling
people that they need to run BLCAL in order to deal with our current
closure errors, so it would be good to get this sorted out.

Thanks,

Claire