[daip] TPMON problem

shoshana rosenthal shoshana at cfa.harvard.edu
Thu Mar 8 15:38:38 EST 2007

HI,

We are having problems with starting TPMON.
It seems that when we mount a tape remotely it works only
one time. When we try again to use the same remote tape
we get errors.
If we login as user aips kill the TPMONs and
restart START_TPSERVERS everything works again.
However if root or another user tries to do the same, kill the TPMONs
and restart START_TPSERVERS we get the following error.

?STARTPMON: [RGLINUX7] Starting TPMON1 with output SUPPRESSED
TPMON1: error while loading shared libraries: libsvml.so: cannot open

Do you know what the problem might be?

Thanks
Shoshana