[daip] questions again

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Jun 29 10:36:14 EDT 2007

Patrick Palmer writes:

 > Slowly the light is begining to dawn.  I am not logged on as aips at the
 > console.  Instead I ssh to aips.  Is that method to working possible?
 >
 > (I know you always recommend logging in and running aips as oneself, it
 > just helps me keep files in the same place.)

This I do not understand.  But if it is necessary, why not log in as
aips or use su rather than ssh?

BTW - at the AOC, the aips account will sometime in near future no
longer allow regular users or visitors to log in at all.  You will be
required to use your own account or one of a dozen or so accounts
reserved for visitors (and re-initialized when they leave).