[daip] questions again

Patrick Palmer ppalmer at oskar.uchicago.edu
Thu Jun 28 11:06:32 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have installed the new version yesterday, and the vestigal test (print
2+ 2) works.  But, several things don't work:

1. my data areas area are all screwed up.  It is my fault because I
renamed the partitons to make them more logical (so I can keep track of
which disk is which).  But, DADEVS.LIST now is incorrect and can't find
a number of disks.  I don't understand how the entries work.  I guess I
can delete the entries that do not refer to anything, but how do I
create new ones?

2. something goes wrong on startup:
START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called
START_AIPS: Checking if  is reachable via ssh...
The authenticity of host 'echo (128.135.152.22)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is 41:d4:0f:90:31:54:7e:4e:e4:50:4c:44:dc:5d:00:0f.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?

$HOST is set and is OSKAR, but $WORKST is not set (which is presuably
where in START_AIPS that host 'echo' comes from.

3. The midnight job failed:
---
Your "cron" job on oskar
* /AIPS/AIPS/31DEC07/SUL/SYSTEM/UCHICAGO/MAKE.MNJ

produced the following output:

sh: #sftp.prob#: execute permission denied
---
I found that if the path was as in do_daily.oskar, it probably would not
find cvs, so I fixed that.  In my new, correct path, it should find cvs
and (open)ssh.  Also, with the new Solaris, I have had to delete keys in
.ssh/knwn_hosts before I can use it.  I found an entry for aoc.nrao.edu
(and deleted it just now).  Could that have been the problem?

Pat