[daip] UVFLG

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Jun 27 18:29:49 EDT 2007

We have had a brief look at UVFLG in regard to elevation and making it
work at all is likely to be very difficult.  The change that added
this code was made by someone known for excessively difficult coding
tactics.  The elevation change added 580 line to the program in 1995
and I suspect that it did not work then.  One way to fix it might
involve backing down to the pre-1995 version and then puting all other
changes back in!  Leonia will look at this and see if the situation is
not as bad as we fear - for all we know there is a simple little bug,
but I doubt it.

I would suggest that you use UVPLT to plot elevation vs time and then
enter time ranges by hand.

I have thought of a new Eric-like (guaranteed to work but totally
lacking in elegance) algorithm that UVFLG could implement to do this
operation.