[daip] QUALifier and FREQids

Lorant Sjouwerman lsjouwer at nrao.edu
Mon Jun 25 15:41:53 EDT 2007

Eric,

you were right about the qualifier, but then there
seems to be a bug in it

I have an observation with 2 freq-IDs and each also has its qualifier.
For the second FREQ/qualifier I want to calibrate each IF separately.
I split off the freq-IDs and IFs with uvcop and get for all a new
freq-ID = 1 (as reported by LISTR) but the qualifier is untouched.
[I know that I can run DQUAL and DFQID to avoid any problems, but I
thought this was not necessary in this case after UVcopying them out]

then when after calibration IMAGR on a multisource file help says that
QUAL = -1 does all qualifiers, but this seems not true - it refuses
to run if I set sources (msg: only one source must be specified),
until I set it to the exact qualifier for the source.

A similar thing happens when I request only one source and leave
QUAL=-1 in CALIB with a model - it works when leaving out the model
or specifying the qualifier - again not what is advertised in help

Finally it seems that getjy is also confused because if you split two
FREQID (or IFs?) it will report a flux in the second freq-ID, not the one I
expected to be present (ie number one after uvcop and indxr) - see message

eu    > GETJY1: Task GETJY  (release of 31DEC07) begins
eu    > GETJY1:    Source:Qual      CALCODE IF  Flux (Jy)
eu    > GETJY1: 1751-253        :  1   B     1    0.00000 +/-  -1.00000
eu    > GETJY1: 1751-253        :  2   B     1    0.37325 +/-   0.00880
eu    > GETJY1: WARNING: All requested fluxes were NOT determined.
eu    > GETJY1: Appears to have ended successfully
eu    > GETJY1: localhost    31DEC07 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0

Anyway, the calibration seems off anyway (maybe qual in applying DOCAL
also is affected - but I have no proof), so I figure I should run DQUAL

Regards,

Loránt Sjouwerman - Scientific Services - lsjouwerman at nrao.edu