[daip] SDGRD/PRTSD/SDIMG and XX and YY data?

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sun Jun 10 18:41:46 EDT 2007

Glen Langston writes:
 > Hi Eric,
 >
 > This weekend its been raining here, so I decided
 > to fix up a few minor points on GBT mapping of L band
 > data.
 >
 > It turns out that GBT Prime focus, L, S and C band
 > receivers can observe in X and Y polarization
 > as well as Circular (L and R) polarizations.
 > Previously all GBT data had been labeled as RR and LL.
 >
 > So I made the update to the program that converts
 > GBTIDL data to classic AIPS SDFITS format, to report
 > the correct, observed, polarizations and find that AIPS
 > can not eat the XX and YY polarization data.
 >
 > Any suggestions on how to have AIPS accomodate the XX and YY
 > data?

Actually aips has real trouble with XX, YY and in the few places it is
supported there is an explicit assumption that DOPOL will be true and
that the output polarization will be RR/LL et al.  I have changed
things to be somewhat more forgiving but I think there is still little
aips can do with parallel hands.  The single dish imaging will work
with data labeled XX etc.

Note that this fix is in 31DEC07.  I suspect that you are not running
a current 31DEC07 because I had broken SDGET and this would have
stopped any SD tasks from working.