[daip] [Fwd: moving data to different machines ....]

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at nrao.edu
Tue Jul 17 18:05:19 EDT 2007

Hi Victor,

The data analysts forwarded your question to daip at nrao.edu since it is mostly an
AIPS question.

It depends.  What sort of UNIX are you transferring from?  Solaris and Mac Unix
has the opposite byte order than Linux.   In that case you can use the
procedures WRTDISK and READISK to transfer the files (i.e., you need to write
the files out to a fits file, copy them and then read them back in).  If you are
transferring the files from a compatible Unix then type RUN RECAT *outside* of
AIPS follow the instructions and that will recreate the catalog with the new files.

Cheers,

Amy