[daip] about FLUX in UVMOD

Leonia Kogan lkogan at nrao.edu
Mon Jul 16 12:39:04 EDT 2007

Dear Miyoshi, M,

UVMOD adds the noise to each visibility with RMS=FLUX/SQRT(WEIGHT),
where WEIGHT is the weight of this visibility.
The idea is to add less noise for the visibilities with bigger weights.
In practice, the visibilities corresponding to the bigger antennas and
less noise temperature of the receivers are assigned with bigger
weights. Therefore adding less noise for the bigger weight visibilities
has a sense.

Leonid Kogan