[daip] CLCOR and the ATLBA

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Jul 4 18:07:34 EDT 2007

Sean Dougherty writes:
 > Eric,
 >
 > I have recently been trying to calibrate a test VLBI experiment with the
 > ATLBA using the Swinburne software correlator. Unfortunately, there was
 > an error in the position of one of the antennas used in the array and
 > running CLCOR was required to fix the problem. The ATLBA has a
 > left-handed coord system and uses Greenwich meridian. Using the
 > supposedly correct values for CLCORPRM(4)=0 (for LH) and CLCORPRM(7)=0
 > (for Greenwich) according to the help files did not produce the
 > satisfactory solutions for delay, rate and phase as expected.
 >
 > After exploring a number of potential solutions (none of which worked)
 > in conjunction with Ed Fomalont (NRAO) and Adam Deller and Chris
 > Phillips in Australia, a close examination of the aips code for CLOCOR
 > shows that when the array is 'ATLBA' that it is NOT possible to use
 > these values for the ATLBA. The code is written such that VLA, ATCA and
 > ATLBA are hardwired to be RH and use local meridian (!&*@^#%$).
 >
 > Any chance of modfying the CLCOR code so that it works correctly?

CLCOR does what the AT people (e.g. Chris Phillips) told me it should
do.  Have they changed their minds?

Since you are already familiar with the code - a specific suggestion
for a code revision would be a good idea.  The number of places
affected is not trivial:

primate<929>$ AIGREP ATLBA $TST '*.FOR'
/home/primate/AIPS/31DEC07/APL/SUB/NOTST/GETTIM.FOR
/home/primate/AIPS/31DEC07/APL/PGM/NOTST/GETJY.FOR
/home/primate/AIPS/31DEC07/APL/PGM/NOTST/ACCOR.FOR
/home/primate/AIPS/31DEC07/APL/PGM/NOTST/PCCOR.FOR
/home/primate/AIPS/31DEC07/APL/PGM/NOTST/CLCOR.FOR
/home/primate/AIPS/31DEC07/APL/PGM/NOTST/SPLIT.FOR
/home/primate/AIPS/31DEC07/APL/PGM/NOTST/SPLAT.FOR
/home/primate/AIPS/31DEC07/APL/PGM/NOTST/UVCRS.FOR
/home/primate/AIPS/31DEC07/Y/PGM/NOTST/LOCIT.FOR
/home/primate/AIPS/31DEC07/Y/PGM/NOTST/CLPLT.FOR
/home/primate/AIPS/31DEC07/Y/PGM/NOTST/VPLOT.FOR
/home/primate/AIPS/31DEC07/Q/PGM/NOTST/CVEL.FOR