[daip] help needed

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Jan 26 16:38:00 EST 2007

Anandmayee Tej writes:

 > I have been successfully using AIPS since last two years. But I have been
 > encountering serious problems recently. When I start AIPS I get these
 > messages
 >  ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;      NOT FOUND

    When you start aips, enter user number 1 with password AMANAGER,
then say RESTART and enter your usual user number.  This will go away.

 > AIPS 1: ZDCHIN: NO NETSP ENTRY FOR DA02
 > AIPS 1: THIS MEANS THE TIMDEST LIMIT IS SET TO VALUE IN SP FILE OR 14.0
 > AIPS 1: ZDCHIN: NO NETSP ENTRY FOR DA03
 > AIPS 1: ZDCHIN: NO NETSP ENTRY FOR DA04
 > AIPS 1: ZDCHIN: NO NETSP ENTRY FOR DA05
 > AIPS 1: ZDCHIN: NO NETSP ENTRY FOR DA06
 > AIPS 1: ZDCHIN: NO NETSP ENTRY FOR DA07

     You have I assume defined 7 data areas in some version of the
dadevs file.  (Since you did not include all of the start up messages
I cannot be more detailed.)  But you have not edited the file
$AIPS_ROOT/DA00/NETSP to define these areas.  If you do that, the
messages will go away and you can set the TIMDEST and, if desired,
user number limitations for these disks.

 > AIPS 1: You are not on a local TV device, welcome stranger

     This suggests that there is something odd about your HOSTS.LIST
file that you should be assigned a number greater than the number of
hosts in that list.

 > After I enter the ID number the MSGSRV/TEKSRV/AIPS tv screen windows come
 > up. But it takes some 20 mins to plot in UVPLT. I am not being able to use
 > AIPS. I am literally stuck.

You do not say how UVPLT is plotting - to a PL file or to the TV or to
the TEKSRV.  Your next message suggests something which I will address
in replying to that.