[daip] LWPLA

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Jan 23 11:20:18 EST 2007

Gustaaf van Moorsel writes:
 > Dear designated aip,
 >
 > I found what I think is an interesting bug in LWPLA.  I have a plot
 > created by KNTR, with a radio contour map in INNAME, and an optical
 > greyscale in IN2NAME (DOCONT=1 and DOGREY=2).  LWPLA works fine when
 > FUNCTYPE='': contours are black on the brighter parts of the grey-
 > scale image, and turn into white where the greyscale image is dark.
 >
 > But when in LWPLA I specify FUNCTYPE='NE', it does so only for the
 > greyscale.  The contours remain unchanged, so they now are white in
 > the light parts and black in the dark parts!

I do not understand why you thought this would work.  LWPLA knows
nothing about the lines except where to draw them as what.  The whole
issue of color can only be understood when drawing the plot in the
first place.  At that point the code actually knows what line segments
overlap what grey-scale segments.  That is not known thereafter.
I suppose that the help file should be more explicit.