[daip] midnight job problems

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Jan 18 11:31:19 EST 2007

Andy Biggs writes:
 > Hi Eric. The contents of 31DEC07.CVS are:
 >

 > C 31DEC07/SYSTEM/UNIX/UNIXSERVERS
 > C 31DEC07/SYSTEM/UNIX/XASERVERS
 > M 31DEC07/SYSTEM/UNIX/ZLPCL2
 > P 31DEC07/UPDATE/LASTCVS.DAT
 >
 > There are apparently conflicts with XASERVERS and UNIXSERVERS. I always
 > have to edit these in order to get my tek and message servers to work
 > properly.

yes.  Try copying the servers to $SYSLOCAL and editing those.  Delete
the ones in $SYSUNIX to that the MNJ will update them and complete
properly.

I have made a change in them that would come through with today's MNJ.
It has a debug parameter at the start that you can turn on (to keep
the xterm after program quits) and a new way to handle things.  The
issue is whether the " " string notation is allowed.  I would be
interested in what you need to do to get these to work - there seems
to be a wide variety of requirements there that we are net getting a
good handle upon.  One issue is the LD_LIBRARY_PATH but there are
others.

Thanks,