[daip] tekserver dies on startup

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Jan 2 19:25:26 EST 2007

Gustaaf van Moorsel writes:
 > Upon starting aips, the tekserver briefly starts up, then disappears.
 > This used to work as recently as a couple of weeks ago.  FYI, I am
 > running on a windows laptop which runs Linux under VMware, and I am
 > remotely logged in to imager-b.

I assume the message server does this too.

I will need to experiment to attempt to understand this.  The change I
made should have made things work better but I added a debug thing
also.

It is particularly difficult to get necessary paths to windows as they
wake up as the aips proc starts.  The binary version requires paths
(except perhaps here in the AOC) but every shade of windowing seems to
behave differently.