[daip] Y2KL test

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Feb 22 19:24:51 EST 2007

This is the second report of this problem on a Mac (the other did not
mention the nature of the disk).  I think you need to look at what
sort of file system is on the disk and what the OS will support for
it.  We do a standard rename operation that is supposed to work on all
compliant OS.  Apparently it does not work on some file systems (DOS
based?).

This is an OS problem not an aips problem - we use rename to update a
file by writing a new one and then, if that works okay, deleting the
old and renaming the scratch.  It is a safety thing but rename has to
work as the error messages have told you.

Let me know what the solution turns out to be (Craig has used firewire
on his machines with no apparent problem of this sort).