[daip] XAS shared memory problem.

Craig Walker cwalker at nrao.edu
Wed Feb 21 13:34:41 EST 2007

When I attempt to start aips on my PowerBook while a second terminal is
attached and configured as an extension of the first, xas dies with a
message about "Shared memory id failure: Invalid argument".  Just before
that, XAX says that it is using a screen width height 2294 924, max grey
level 255.  Are these numbers that it just doesn't know how to deal with?

If I start xas before attaching the second monitor, things seem to work
after the monitor is attached.

Cheers,

Craig

     R. Craig Walker            Array Operations Center
     cwalker at nrao.edu           National Radio Astronomy Observatory
     Phone  505 835 7247        P. O. Box O
     Fax    505 835 7027        Socorro NM 87801   USA