[daip] Same source, many source id

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Feb 16 10:37:20 EST 2007

Shea D. Brown writes:

 >     I'm using AIPS to reduce some Westerbork P-band data, and I have an
 > issue with source id numbers.  Through the course of the night we
 > observed 2 program sources, alternating between them. Now I have the
 > same two sources with quite a few different source numbers...is there
 > an easy way to fix this?  I've copied a piece of my SU table below.

The interesting thing would be to determine why there are so many
source IDs.  What you sent me is a list of fluxes (all 0) for some of
the sources.  It would be better to look at the part that gives the
coordinates to see if the SU table shows the same coordinate for
different IDs.  Of course, WSRT data enters aips by some means over
which I have no control so this may be a "feature" of their code
rather than something substantive.  In that case, the aips task DSORC
will be of assistance to you.