[daip] IMAGR problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 13 11:41:45 EST 2007

The problem is as I surmised related to a pathological beam.  The beam
pattern appears to be (nearly) one with peak bumps at regular
intervals in all directions.  It amazed me that a wide open clean
would find an object as well as it does.  When outer points in a beam
exceed 1, then the standard "histogram" giving the peak sidelobe
outside radius r becomes a constant > 1 for all r out to that highest
outer point.  The algorithm to find how big an area to clean fails in
this case.  31DEC07 already has a change that limited the histogram to
the inscribed circle which stops the failure in your case.  I added
today more code to look for a failure and to take corrective
(undesirable otherwise) action.

I guess you need 31DEC07....