[daip] help with UVLSF, please

Gustaaf van Moorsel gvanmoor at nrao.edu
Wed Dec 12 11:58:33 EST 2007

Claire Chandler wrote:

> We can't run UVLSF on the calibrator because we have no way of removing
> a scaled version of it from the target source.  Such a program could be
> written, and it is the equivalent of a frequency-dependent BLCAL.  But
> even then we would have to worry about the fact that there is no
> aliasing in the line emission, so such a correction would not be valid
> for the line data.

But - assuming such a program can be written - the scaling would
be based on the line-free channels only.  So the steps would be:

1 - do the UVLSF 4th order fit on calibrator scans
2 - scale this fitted shape so that it fits a number of line-free
     channels at either end of the source line emission.

Gustaaf