[daip] tvcps

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Dec 10 10:44:10 EST 2007

Farhad Zadeh writes:

 > Thanks for the helpful message. I agree changing
 > LPEN is most  useful for BW pictures. It looks like
 > that I still need to have both black and white crosses drawn
 > for every position by editing the ps file, It would be nice if there is
 > such an option in aips.

Amy's message was excellent - The probblem with LPEN is that it
applies to every line.  The problem with your suggestion of a white
and a black line mark at the same place is that the second mark will
erase the first in every case.

The LPEN command makes a specific PostScript command:
     <lpen> setlinewidth
Inside the PostScript file you can then change linewidths back and
forth as needed by editing the PostScript (PS) file.  The DODARK and
DARKLINE commands in GREYS or the DODARK command in LWPLA should be
sufficient to make star marks that differ from the background
grey-scale.  Again, hand-editing of the PS file will allow you
complete flexibility but it should not be necessary.  The STFACTOR
adverb allows scaling up the star marks if they are too small to be
seen.

See HELP POSTSCRI for more information.  Unlike may PS files, the ones
produced by AIPS are simple, easy to read, and filled with comments.