[daip] AIPS: Error in FITLD

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Dec 3 17:49:21 EST 2007

K.H.Sarma writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I am trying to use FITLD in AIPS for uploading a VLBI UV-data file and getting
 > the following error:
 >
 > FITLD1: Task FITLD  (release of 31DEC06) begins
 > FITLD1: PARSCD: NUMBER ERROR ON ALTRVAL
 > FITLD1: ERROR      1 RETURNED FROM UVFHDR
 > FITLD1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
 >
 > Could you please advise me about how to get around this ?
 >
 > If I am writing to the wrong address, could you please let me know whom I can
 > contact ?

Recent, partially processed, observations with the vLBA are written by
a new version of FITAB.  They can be read by the most recent revisions
of FITLD (or UVLOD for that matter) - but this means you must be using
31DEC07 current to November 1, 2007 or so.  The alternative is to wait
until the raw format data are entered into the archive and fetch those
instead.  FITAB reads those as always.