[daip] data not calibrating properly

Mike Bell mrbell at brandeis.edu
Fri Aug 31 12:49:39 EDT 2007

hi there

here's a strange one for you.  i have aips installed on both my computer at
home and at work.  i've been working between the two installs for a few
months now with no issues.  the two computers are essentially the same.
they are both running ubuntu linux and they both have the 31dec07 install of
aips (installed from binaries).  the other day i decided to revisit a VLA
data set from a month back.  when i first calibrated the data a month or so
ago it worked just fine.  now when i try it at home, 3c286 doesn't calibrate
properly (i get something like 3 good solutions and 88 failed solutions).
this wasn't the case a month ago, however.  if i load the same data set at
work and calibrate it it works just fine.

so its seems pretty clear to me that something has gone wrong with my aips
install at home.  any idea how this would have happened and what i might do
to fix it?

thanks

mike bell
brandeis university astrophysics