[daip] [Fwd: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender]

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Aug 27 10:17:00 EDT 2007

Victor Migenes writes:

 > I have a problem installing the 31DEC06 version of AIPS!!!
 > I have a new SUN ULTRA-45 running Solaris 10, and we cant get
 > the installation procedure to finish properly.  We dont now if
 > its the f77 comiler or the version we are using (2.9.6). We saw
 > a warning about this version of the compile,r but I thought it
 > referred to LINUX and nor UNIX. Could this be it?

    AIPS has never been set up properly to use a "GNU" compiler under
Solaris.  Furthermore, 2.9.6 was a RedHat Linux bastardization of a
compiler which GNU made sure everyone knew had nothing to do with
them.  I am not suprised that it does not work.

 > I wanted to download the version with the binaries so the installation
 > would be easier but I couldn't find it on the webpage. Do you have any
 > suggestions?!

Where on the web site did you look?  I thought we had made the binary
installation very very obvious on all relevant pages.

To do the binary installation, download install.pl (which you have
already done).  Edit ~/.AIPSRC to clean it up from your previous
attempt and then

        perl install.pl -n

(the -n => network which is the binary installation).