[daip] No beam from GREYS

Craig Walker cwalker at nrao.edu
Thu Aug 23 15:40:08 EDT 2007

I have been unable to get GREYS to show a beam, either to the TV or to a
plot file.  The image was made in AIPS and shows a beam size in IMH.  I
have tried a number of values of CBPLOT and I've tried with and without
contours.  I don't think I've managed to turn off the grey scale
(possible?).   This is on my Apple Powerbook G4 with the binary version
of AIPS.  The last midnight job was a few days ago.

For inputs, I set DEFAULT GREYS, then set INDISK and IN2DISK, use GETN
and GET2N to get the files for both (same file), set BLC and TRC,
CBPLOT, CLEV, LEVS, and DOTV.  The grey scale and contours look ok.  But
no beam.

Cheers,

Craig

     R. Craig Walker            Array Operations Center
     cwalker at nrao.edu           National Radio Astronomy Observatory
     Phone  505 835 7247        P. O. Box O
     Fax    505 835 7027        Socorro NM 87801   USA