[daip] imagr

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Aug 15 10:12:34 EDT 2007

The most important parameter in the multi-resolution is IMAGRP(11).
Note that I now leave IMAGRP(12 on) at 0.

What I do usually is start up a Clean and write down the peak fluxes
of the dirty image and the beam widths that actually come out.  Then I
try to see what IMAGRP(11) would give all resolutions about equal
chance to be Cleaned.  Note that a pure point source would have the
same flux in Jy/beam at all resolutions of IMAGRP(11)=0.  A pure
extended source would have flux / beam = beam area and so need
IMAGRP(11)=1.  If it is only Cleaning the fatest beam then your
IMAGRP(11)=0.5 is too small.  Te other parameter that is important is
FGAUS since one wants to cut off the fatest at a higher Jy/beam and so
on pregressively down.  I watch the Clean on the TV and can tell when
I wish it would stop Cleaning each facet.  NOte that the TV now has an
option to turn off facets so one can do this interactively.  I am
often doing this on a line data set and so need the FGAUS so that I do
not do every channel interactively but use more uniform parameters.