[daip] about uvcon/confi

Leonia Kogan lkogan at nrao.edu
Thu Aug 9 12:06:59 EDT 2007

Dear Amitesh,

You'll find my comments between the lines.

Amitesh Omar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are using UVCON/CONFI for LOFAR stations simulations at Leiden. I
> have a question about CONFI.
>
> When I use CONFI and I specify CPARM(1)=1 with all other cparm
> parameters, the output file of station positions writes only x,y
> positions (2-columns). why it does not write other info so that I can
> straight away use this output file to generate uv data using UVCON. Is
> there a way to use the output of CONFI to UVCON without editing the
> file.
CPARM(1)=1 was designed specially for the case to prepare the result of
the CONFI's optimization directely at the UVCON format for the following
simulation. It has worked! I have checked this option again and found
the output file includes all columns required by UVCON.
Send me please the whole list of all input parameters you used at CONFI.
What version of AIPS do you use?

Also, can CONFI write out the x,y,z positions in required
> coordinate system (the first column options in UVCON for equatorial,
> local horizon, geodetic etc.). Please clarify this.
CONFI carried out the optimization of the array given at the local
horizon plane. Therefore it creates the optimal position (X,Y)at this
plane Z=0. If CPARM(1)=1, then CONFI creates the output file ready for
UVCON
with the first column value equaled 1.
I repeat again it works by such a way now