[daip] IBLED

Andy Biggs adb at roe.ac.uk
Mon Aug 6 10:55:36 EDT 2007

Hi Eric. Flagging is definitely the weakest part of my 'game'. I'm
currently trying to flag lots of wide-field VLA data i.e. 4 bands with 7
channels each. It's a nightmare especially as lots of the data is C array.
At the moment I don't see any alternative to examining each
channel/stokes/IF with IBLED - this is clearly insane, but the rfi is
channel and baseline dependent. I've tried using TVFLG on the channel 0
dataset, but this leaves plenty of residual bad data, partly due to the
fact that my large datasets cause TVFLG to average the data in time.

I've just had a go with EDITR and it doesn't seem suitable for VLA data.
It seems that I can only rotate through a maximum of 11 baselines and have
to enter by hand a new set of baselines each time. It looks like it would
be excellent for VLBA or MERLIN data.

Not that anyone in their right mind would edit VLA data with IBLED!

Andy