[daip] UVFND

Gustaaf van Moorsel gvanmoor at nrao.edu
Wed Apr 25 12:35:36 EDT 2007

In UVFND, I use OPCODE='CLIP', and APARM to set the CLIP level.  To
find points over a certain threshold I specify APARM(1)=threshold,
which works as advertised.

To find points under a certain threshold, however, it is not enough
to set APARM(3) to the threshold; doing so, UVFND will display all
points, as if it does a locical OR between value > APARM(1) and value
< APARM(3).  For UVFND to work here, one also must set APARM(1) to a
very high value, higher than max(all points).  Once one knows this,
this is not a problem.

However, how do I find points between certain thresholds?  The logical
choice, APARM(1) = lower threshold and APARM(3) = upper threshold does
not work since again, the logical OR will cause all points to be found.

My suggestion would be to replace the logical OR by a logical AND, all-
owing more precise searches of the visibility values.  But I realize
this can cause unexpected problems, too.  At any rate, I would appreci-
ate it if this could at least be considered.

Thanks,

Gustaaf