[daip] Problem with VLAPROCS

gcastell at iafe.uba.ar gcastell at iafe.uba.ar
Fri Apr 20 11:27:00 EDT 2007

Dear colleague,

My name is Gabriela Castelletti. I am writing you because I have a problem
with the task VLACALIB, more exactly when I run VLAPROCS.

I have AIPS (31DEC06) installed in a Debian Linux System in a PC. I am
reducing VLA data at C band. When I run VLACALIB task the answer is "NOT
TASK".  I checked the response from VLAPROCS (see below, please), and find
that it did not finished correctly. I don't know the reason for that.
Maybe the corresponding file in AIPS is corrupted...
It will be great if you can help me with this.
Just in case, could the file be replaced?

Thank you for your time,
Gabriela

>run vlaprocs
AIPS 1: $---------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: $! RUN file to prepare to test performance of AIPS tasks on data
AIPS 1: $# Run POPS
AIPS 1: $---------------------------------------------------------------
        --------
AIPS 1: $;  Copyright (C) 1995-1997; 2001-2002; 2006
AIPS 1: $;  Associated Universities, Inc. Washington DC, USA.
AIPS 1: $;
AIPS 1: $;  This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/o
AIPS 1: $;  modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
        as
AIPS 1: $;  published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
        of
AIPS 1: $;  the License, or (at your option) any later version.
AIPS 1: $;
AIPS 1: $;  This program is distributed in the hope that it will be usef
        ul,
AIPS 1: $;  but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty
        of
AIPS 1: $;  MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See th
AIPS 1: $;  GNU General Public License for more details.
AIPS 1: $;
AIPS 1: $;  You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public AIPS
1: $;  License along with this program; if not, write to the Free AIPS 1:
$;  Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, AIPS 1:
$;  MA 02139, USA.
AIPS 1: $;
AIPS 1: $;  Correspondence concerning AIPS should be addressed as follow
        s:
AIPS 1: $;         Internet email: aipsmail at nrao.edu.
AIPS 1: $;         Postal address: AIPS Project Office
AIPS 1: $;                         National Radio Astronomy Observatory
AIPS 1: $;                         520 Edgemont Road
AIPS 1: $;                         Charlottesville, VA 22903-2475 USA AIPS
1: $---------------------------------------------------------------
        --------
AIPS 1: * VLA Calibration procedures
AIPS 1: *
AIPS 1: * Dummy procedure to define adverbs
AIPS 1: PROC VLADUMMY
AIPS 1:    SCALAR  DOLISTR, DOPRINT, SNVER, VBA_WAIT, VLAERR
AIPS 1:    STRING*16 VBA_KEYS, VBA_DATE
AIPS 1:    ARRAY     VBA_KEYV(2)
AIPS 1:    STRING*8 VBA_TASK, VBA_TTSK, VBA_KEYW
AIPS 1:    STRING*2 VBA_TYPE
AIPS 1:    RETURN
AIPS 1:    FINISH
AIPS 1: * Initilalize
AIPS 1: minamper 10; minphser 10
AIPS 1: dolistr 1; doprint 1
AIPS 1: *
AIPS 1: PROCEDURE RUNWAIT (VBA_TASK)
AIPS 1: *---------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: *   Runs VBA_TASK and waits for it to complete regardless of the
AIPS 1: *   value of DOWAIT.
AIPS 1: *   Inputs:
AIPS 1: *       VBA_TASK    name of task
AIPS 1: *---------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1:     VBA_WAIT = DOWAIT
AIPS 1:     DOWAIT   = TRUE
AIPS 1:     VBA_TTSK = TASK
AIPS 1:     TASK     = VBA_TASK
AIPS 1:     GO
AIPS 1:     DOWAIT = VBA_WAIT
AIPS 1:     TASK   = VBA_TTSK
AIPS 1:     RETURN
AIPS 1: FINISH
AIPS 1: PROCEDURE MAXTAB (VBA_TYPE)
AIPS 1: *---------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: *   Return the highest version number of a table of type
AIPS 1: *   VBA_TYPE attached to the specified file.
AIPS 1: *
AIPS 1: *   Inputs:
AIPS 1: *       VBA_TYPE    Table type
AIPS 1: *
AIPS 1: *   Adverbs:
AIPS 1: *       USERID      User ID
AIPS 1: *       INNAME      File name
AIPS 1: *       INCLASS     File class
AIPS 1: *       INSEQ       File sequence number
AIPS 1: *       INDISK      File disk number
AIPS 1: *---------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1:     SCALAR VBA_SLOT
AIPS 1:     SCALAR VBA_VERS
AIPS 1: *---------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: *
AIPS 1: *   Save adverb values
AIPS 1: *
AIPS 1:     VBA_KEYW = KEYWORD
AIPS 1:     VBA_KEYV = KEYVALUE
AIPS 1:     VBA_KEYS = KEYSTRNG
AIPS 1: *
AIPS 1:     VBA_SLOT = 0
AIPS 1:     KEYSTRNG = '  '
AIPS 1: *
AIPS 1: *   Invariant: KEYSTRNG <> VBA_TYPE implies that no of the first
AIPS 1: *              VBA_SLOT tables has type VBA_TYPE
AIPS 1: *   Bound: 50 - VBA_SLOT
AIPS 1: *
AIPS 1:     WHILE VBA_SLOT <> 50 & KEYSTRNG <> VBA_TYPE
AIPS 1:         VBA_SLOT = VBA_SLOT + 1
AIPS 1:         KEYWORD = 'EXTYPE' !! CHAR(VBA_SLOT)
AIPS 1:         GETHEAD
AIPS 1:     END
AIPS 1: *
AIPS 1: *   If KEYSTRNG = VBA_TYPE then VBA_SLOT is the index for table
AIPS 1: *   type VBA_TYPE in the file header otherwise there are no AIPS
1: *   tables of type VBA_TYPE.
AIPS 1: *
AIPS 1:     IF KEYSTRNG = VBA_TYPE THEN
AIPS 1:         KEYWORD = 'EXTVER' !! CHAR(VBA_SLOT)
AIPS 1:         GETHEAD
AIPS 1:     ELSE
AIPS 1:         KEYVALUE(1) = 0
AIPS 1:     END
AIPS 1: *
AIPS 1:     VBA_VER = KEYVALUE(1)
AIPS 1: *
AIPS 1: *   Restore saved adverbs
AIPS 1: *
AIPS 1:     KEYWORD  = VBA_KEYW
AIPS 1:     KEYVALUE = VBA_KEYV
AIPS 1:     KEYSTRNG = VBA_KEYS
AIPS 1: *
AIPS 1:     RETURN VBA_VER
AIPS 1: *
AIPS 1: FINISH
AIPS 1: *
AIPS 1: PROCEDURE VLACKMOD
AIPS 1: * used in VLALDMOD
AIPS 1:   error=0;sysout='';sys2com''
AIPS 1: SYMBOL?       SYS2COM

It would be great if you guys had some ideas for what I
could do. Or if, by chance you have come across it before
and know what I should do, that would also be great.

Thanks for your time,
Brian