[daip] AIPS query

Catherine Brocksopp cb4 at mssl.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Apr 17 08:16:53 EDT 2007

Hi there

I hope this is just a quick question and would really appreciate any
suggestions you have.

Is it possible to plot polarisation vectors, the length of which indicate
the fractional polarisation instead of the linear polarisation? I've used
COMB to create both LP and FP images but am finding PCNTR will only use
the LP image for the vector lengths. If I try using the FP image the
output is:

msslth> PCNTR1: Task PCNTR  (release of 31DEC04) begins
msslth> PCNTR1: Do grey scale:
msslth> PCNTR1: End labeling:
msslth> PCNTR1: Start contouring
msslth> PCNTR1: Start polarization lines
msslth> PCNTR1: POLDRW: PLOT ROUTINE ERROR  3 QUITTING
msslth> PCNTR1: GFINIS: number records used      74
msslth> PCNTR1: Successful plot file version    8  created.
msslth> PCNTR1: Appears to have ended successfully

Many thanks

Catherine