[daip] AIPS: problem with uvlod

Patrick P Murphy pmurphy at nrao.edu
Wed Apr 11 14:40:14 EDT 2007

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:20:32 -0400, Antonio Hales <ahales at nrao.edu> said:

> Hi,
> I am trying to load some pseudo UVdata from the GBT into AIPS.

Antonio, the right address for AIPS questions is daip at nrao.edu (the
so-called "designated AIP").  I'm CC-ing that address (which goes to all
Classic AIPS developers).

> I have been able to do this with other maps I have, but when I tried
> doing it with a slightly larger
> data-file, i.e:

>> task 'uvlod'
>> infile 'FITS:60_71_0_BAS.FITS'
>> outname '6071_0'
>> outclass ''
>> inp

> It crashed saying:

> localh> UVLOD1: Task UVLOD  (release of 31DEC06) begins
> localh> UVLOD1: Found B1c      observed on 17-NOV-1958
> localh> UVLOD1: Create 6071_0      .SCANS .   1 (UV)  on disk  1  cno   50
> localh> UVLOD1: UVFDAT: BUFFERS TOO SMALL FOR THESE DATA; NEED   98308 98308
> localh> UVLOD1: Destroyed  1 extension files of type HI
> localh> UVLOD1: Destroyed UV image file: catno=     50 disk= 1
> localh> UVLOD1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes

> It worked fine with files that are smaller than 107 Mb, but trying with
> files larger than 140 Mb (like the one in the example above)
> it crashed.

Eric or one of the others can probably answer better than I can, but I'm
sure they'll want to see an IMHEAD on the data, and may ask you to check
available disk space on the data areas involved (I doubt from the error
messages that's the problem, but it's sort of instinctive in me to ask
anyway :-)

 - Pat

PS. CV sysadmins: you can probably close this helpdesk ticket as the
    question is now in the right hands.

--
 Patrick P. Murphy, Ph.D.   Senior Software Engineer, ALMA Computing IPT
 NRAO Computing Security Manager       Head, NRAO WebAdmin Working Group