[daip] MacBook and remote tapes

Joan Wrobel jwrobel at nrao.edu
Sat Apr 7 16:20:06 EDT 2007

Gang:  From my MacBook anik, I tried a remote dat mount on alfirk and
also on mizar.  Neither worked despite killing and restarting TPMONs.
The complaint is shown below.  Maybe what I am trying is impossible?
Thanks.  - Joan

>inp mount
AIPS 1: MOUNT:    Verb to software mount a tape
AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
AIPS 1: INTAPE        1                    Tape unit # (0=> 1)
AIPS 1: DENSITY    6250                    Density to set on mount.
AIPS 1: REMHOST    'MIZAR'                    Remote computer name
AIPS 1: REMTAPE       2                    Remote tape drive number
>mount
ZVTPO2 connect (INET): Connection refused
AIPS 1: ZMOUNR: UNABLE TO OPEN SOCKET TO REMOTE MACHINE, ERROR    1
AIPS 1: ZMOUNT: ERROR     1 RETURNED BY ZMOUN2/ZMOUNR